james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Plan
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:09:13 GMT
From: "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>
> inherit them in James? Peter and Andrei have already been working on new
> connection code, so they seem to have that part covered, which is the part
> you haven't gotten to yet.  Perhaps they could wrap your SSL code for you?
>
> --- Noel

Sure, that sounds perfect.

API is not complicated

There needs to be on SSLContext for the entire Server. SSL Context provides
key store etc.
http://ssllib.sourceforge.net/docpub/com/kodemuse/security/ssl/SSLContext.ht
ml

and the use ConnectionDecorator to convert Plain to SSL Socket
http://ssllib.sourceforge.net/docpub/com/kodemuse/net/ConnectionDecorator.ht
ml

The docs etc are a bit out of date but I will be happy to help out. There is
currently a JDK 1.4 dependency, but I am going back to JDK 1.3. Plan to
support both.

Harmeet