james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Walker <BWal...@studentadvantage.com>
Subject James/Avalon versions up-to-date?
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 18:40:01 GMT
Hi,

I was just wondering how far out of sync the HEAD version of James is from
the latest Avalon release. The reason I ask this is that I recently did a
build off of the latest Avalon CVS tree, and it seems that the latest
version of James isn't compatible. Here is the error I get:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.store.Store.select(Ljava/lang/Object;
)Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/component/Component;

>From what I can tell, the latest version of AvalonMailStore doesn't
implement all of the methods of Store (apparently there are new ones in the
lastest Avalon build).

So I guess my questions are as follows:
    1. Is what I have described really the case, or am I just trying to
think too much on a Monday ;)
    2. If so, is there any reason that the James builds haven't kept up with
changes in Avalon
    3. If not, is there any reason that I shouldn't be able to dump the
latest version of James into the latest version of Avalon?

Thanks for the input,
Brad

Brad D. Walker
Sr. Software Engineer