james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Tests, scheduler and release..
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:09:54 GMT
I have a proposal to make.

1/ that Harmeet move the whole of o.a.j.testing (including the pre-existing potocol tests)
into a proposal or first sub-directory of jakarta-james where it can be used to create an
independantly distributable test suite.
2/ that the scheduler/watchdog and service issues be defered until after the release.
3/ we move on with the release as planned.

.. otherwise these will hold up what is regarded as being a much needed release of the 2.1a1
code.

I'd also propose that those concerned with the issues note them in a todo file in the root
of the jakarta-james module to be addressed after the release.

Unless I am missing something important none of this was current before the release plan,
none of it represents fixes for pre-existing reported bugs, and its deferal does not detract
from the fact that this release marks an improvement in James over the 2.0a3 release.

I'm concerned that progress with the release will founder if we get involved in protracted
debate (or worse..) on these issues, and I have a number of significant changes I am withholding
until then for exactly these reasons.

d.