james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Peters patch doesn't actually work...
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 21:14:26 GMT
> I understand your comparison.  And that's one of the reasons I asked
> what your thread pool maximum was.  Because I've got a different set of
> results, and you clearly didn't grab all the changes at once (witness
> the assembly.xml change).

I applied your patch to a clean checkout of the HEAD.

> So I'm asking you to confirm that you've got
> a valid thread pool maximum.  Obviously the Watchdog approach needs more
> threads that the other system - it was designed that way and the
> configuration modified.  If it's still at the earlier default of 40,
> then the Watchdog method won't allow 20 connections.  Period.

Ok, fine, but..
I'd expect any change that purports to address this issue to perform better than the existing
code under the default configuration, I did a completely clean checkout and build, ran the
tests, applied your patch, ran the test.
If I have to make changes to the config to see the improvement perhaps your patch should include
them.

d.