james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: performance figures w/ spool enabled
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:03:03 GMT
> One minor question - why do you seem to want us to put off that minor
> change to the NNTPSpooler?  Releasing the reference before the thread
> sleeps seems like a good idea.  It's a trivial modification and very
> safe.

Peter,
Not meaning to rain on anyone's parade I'm just trying to keep our eye on the ball.
When enthusiasm is running high, as it is now, its too easy to keep following our noses and
never get where we want to be.
I'm not blocking anything, just questioning, I think I said "can" or "should" this be deferred,
is all, by all means go ahead if youre comfortable with it.
Essentailly my concer is two fold,
1/ that we introduce, or re-introduce a bug owing to insufficient integration/regression testing
of seemingly trivial patches and
2/ that we get distracted from the primary mission (release the 2.1 code)

d.