james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] New Commiter Noel J Bergman
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2002 08:35:52 GMT

Harmeet,

> I think Noel is great and I would love to work with him, but I'd like to
> defer on this.

Abstain then, please convert your -1 to a +0 or -0

> I have enjoyed talking to him and consider him a friend
> however I would really like to see more contributions or complete modules.

IMHO thats not what James needs, James is functionally pretty mature, what we need is people
who will continue to improve the delivery of the functionality we have.

> Noel everybody holds you in high esteem. Please contribute and
> send patches
> in, and if there is a lag in commit time, will vote for you.

Noel has been doing this for many months.

> We already have too many pulls and we should prob. add more IMAP
> contributors.

Not a reason to -1 Noel.

> I realize that I have been absent for long, but I also think it
> is best for
> James to defer on this for now.

I can't agree.

d.