james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Mailet Logging ==> Jakarta Commons (org.apache.commons.logging)
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 21:35:27 GMT
> agreed - but lets not loose site of the difference in
> logfile configuration and the informatoin being logged; in a
> sense, the log(String) vs. log(String, Exception) is not all
> that irrelevant.

I'm not sure that I see your point.  There isn't an issue of log(String)
VERSUS log(String, Exception).  We want both.  My point had been that
because we didn't have any control over log levels in the current version of
the code, we had to make some decisions about what level to set the logger
actually used by those calls.  I felt that at the least if there was an
exception it was important to log it.  The solution appears to be that we'll
simply document in the environment.xml file that the mail log shouldn't be
set to anything other than INFO because that is the internally used log
level.

	--- Noel