james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Plan
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:57:28 GMT
Harmeet,

So the idea is to submit the Scheduler and connection code to Avalon, and
inherit them in James? Peter and Andrei have already been working on new
connection code, so they seem to have that part covered, which is the part
you haven't gotten to yet.  Perhaps they could wrap your SSL code for you?

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Harmeet Bedi [mailto:harmeet@kodemuse.com]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 13:02
To: James Developers List
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Plan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>

> > There are some pieces I can contribute that have worked for me (I
actually
> > use these)
> >   - Scheduler
> >   - Better connection management and SSL library.
>
> Just out of curiousity, how come you haven't submitted them earlier?  Do
> they require more substantial changes?

Submitted to avalon the periodic time scheduler. I have been using the same
scheduler for 1+ year without any issues.

Got so frustrated with JSSE and some with connection handling that I wrote a
SSL implemention that I have been using for ~ 7 months. For instance this
mail has been sent over secure SMTP.
Commercial folks are thinking about using this library too. It is at
http://ssllib.sourceforge.net/
I did post the problem and my solution to it on Avalon list but got very
little follow up.
I have been planning to write an Avalon Connection block to follow it up
more.

Harmeet