james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-james/src/java/org/apache/james/testing BaseTest.java Main.java POP3Test.java TestMethod.java runtest.bat runtest.sh testconf.xml
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:09:55 GMT
> In any case packaging test cases so that users can also
> use them is no bad thing, as the tests evolve we can use
> them to allow people to make better bug reports.

Depends upon the kind of test, but I do agree that some tests that can be
run on the user's system might be good.  Things that check, for example, the
integrity of a repository or the proper configuration of the processor chain
(a frequent source of pilot error).

We all want better tests.  The "stop what you're doing until we develop a
test suite" is my primary objection.

	--- Noel