james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter M. Goldstein" <peter_m_goldst...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: RFC 2554
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:26:19 GMT

Uwe,

This has been discussed at great length on both the james-user list and
the james-dev list.  Please consult the archives to view these messages.

James 2.1 is in full accord with the RFC, supporting both clients that
use the optional initial response argument and those that don't.  I'm
not sure what you're talking about as far as the colon goes, but I'd
strongly suggest that you more carefully examine the relevant RFCs and
the source code to SMTPHandler.java to resolve your misunderstanding.

--Peter

username/password)