james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Hontvari Jozsef <hontva...@solware.com>
Subject Re: postmaster configuration variable
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:53:36 GMT
> It is a RFC violation to not have postmaster address. I think 2 or 3 RFC
> talk about this.

yes. (and not having abuse@... also). But what is the relation between the -
IMHO confused - postmaster configuration variable and the RFC requirement
for a postmaster account?

A valid postmaster account can be created without this variable, and an
invalid can exist while using this variable. I do not know what was the
original intent, but I think its meaning is overloaded now. If we want to
assure that the user wouldn't forget to add a postmaster account then a
simple forwarding mailet entry in the default configuration file would be
clearer.

<mailto:james-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>