james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest-made James test site - sneak preview
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:52:10 GMT

Danny Angus wrote:
> I agree with some of the visual issues Noel has, but generally I like it.
> I guess it depends how easy it is to maintain..
>
> the Great Joy of the current system is that its a simple XSLT transformation we have
one XSL stylesheet and a single ant-task to create the html from the xml.

With current Forrest you will have to install Forrest, and then call it
from commandline or from the ant build hooks that Forrest provides.

Therre is no maintainance, just make the docs, call forrest, and see the
result.

But you also have doc validation (currently they really suck ;-), auto
PDFs, and you can do "forrest run", point the browser to
http://localhost:8888/ and see changes to the pages realtime through an
embedded webserver.

And in the near future automatic site updates, complete javadoc
integration, pregenerated content mounting, etc etc etc.

I have fowarded the visual issues to the Forrest list, feel free anyone
to do mockups of a better layout and send them to us.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -