james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Release Plan v2.1 (update)
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 02:56:40 GMT
Danny Angus wrote:
>>>ii) Adjust the CVS to allow future maintenance of the 2.1 branch while
>>>permitting radical change for the 3.0 revision.
>>
>>I'd like a volunteer for this as well.  I'm not CVS saavy, but I'll do
>>it if I have to.  Basically I'd suggest that we form a release/2.1
>>directory off the base directory that contains all the necessary files
>>to build a 2.1 release.  This will allow bugfixing on that release.
>

> I'll do this.
> I'll tag 2.1 when the final code is checked out for the release, then if we need to mess
around with it later we can branch CVS then (and only then)

Was it discussed and/or is there a reason to not tag the release
candidates as well?  I like to see tags for any code that would be
packaged and available to download.  For instance, if I am trying to
debug something in RC1, it's nice to be sure what code I'm testing.

I agree about not branching until necessary, and really only on final
releases.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/