james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automating site and build updates
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:04:36 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Nicola,
>
> Where does Forrest run?  My understanding is that it would be running on my
> build machine, rather than nagoya, which is what was behind my comment.

It can be, which BTW Andy is doing (acoliver at apache.org has a script
ready using Centipede BTW), but we are musing over making it run itself
as a single Forrest run for all sites that ask for it.

Forrest had been running as a test on outerthought.net, but now we still
have to understand-decide where to run it now.
Latest possibility is to use Gump, which has a feature that can make it
publish stuff, but IIRC it's not yet ready for prime time.

> 	--- Noel

             - verba volant, scripta manent -