james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest-made James test site - sneak preview
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:40:50 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Nicola,
>
> What options exist to make it look more visually appealing?  Maybe it is
> just me, but when I compare the Forrest-made test site to Danny's Maven-made
> test site at http://jakarta.apache.org/~danny/, I prefer the look of the
> latter.
>
> Specifics:
>
>   - I prefer the smaller font size
>   - I prefer the narrower menu, leaving
>     a wider main area, and less scrolling
>   - I prefer having section headings
>   - The intra-page section anchors are nice,
>     but not at the expense of everything else.
>
> YMMV, but those are my immediate visual responses.  And I am assuming that
> all of that is tunable.  Please compare the two sites, and let me know what
> you think.  :-)

I think you have good points.

Actually, based on feedback from you guys and others, I've reworked the
forrest skin to match better your visual expectations.

Take a look here http://www.krysalis.org/centipede/beta3/ and see if
it's better. This skin could also be a visual reference for the new
forrest skin we're doing in pure CSS or used as such with color scheme
modifications.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -