james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Testing as a separate project - Re: cvs commit: jakarta-james/proposals/TLP proposal.txt
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:38:58 GMT
> I have to say that I am unsure.  Yes, I think that there should
> be a testing
> sub-project.  But is this something that needs to be dealt with now, or
> afterwards as a PMC?

IMO its not a primary goal, and worth as it is, is probably best dealt with internally if/when
we get that far. I can't see it swaying the board's decision.

> Testing could become a pretty consuming project requiring someone to focus
> on it every bit as much as a release manager has to focus on a release.

This is another good point, its all very well to propose sub-projects, but they do need to
demonstrate some kind of community prepared to actually put in the effort.