james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Release Plan v2.1 (update)
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:42:40 GMT
Peter,

> > iii) Add FetchPOP documentation
> I'd really like someone to contribute on this one.  Volunteers?

If Danny can't do it, I'll take a look.  I'm not familiar with it, though,
so I'll have to go from the source code.

> ii) Adjust the CVS to allow future maintenance of the 2.1 branch while
> permitting radical change for the 3.0 revision.

Please review Charles Bennett's message from 13 October:
http://www.mail-archive.com/james-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg03999.html.  I'm
not a CVS guru, either.  Charles understood the goal that we have, and
posted the way by which he said that we do it.  Basically, we just have to
tag the release as we would normally do.  After that, branching is deferred
until actually needed.

I'm going to merge my live configuration with the new distribution, and then
post it to my production server.

> iii) Ensure that we are listed on common sites that provide lists of
> available mail/news servers.

I think that we can all pitch in here, and we ought to ask our users if they
might help to spread the word post-release.  I also think that our press
release should mention future plans, and invite interested developers to
contribute.  If you want some help with the press release, let me know.

> I'm still not done with the segments of documentation I signed up for
> and no one else has picked up the remainder.

Other than FetchPOP, what's on the list?

	--- Noel