james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Hotspot crashes
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 01:04:29 GMT
Danny,

When I get back from Software Summit, I'll start running tests on RH 8.0,
which has a newer kernel.

I'm not seeing anything like what you've reported when I run on RH 6.2, but
I am seeing a very frustrating memory loss that I cannot explain.  It isn't
in the James or MySQL heaps (nor is it recovered when those processes are
terminated).  But I don't know where it is going.  Nothing in TOP shows
where it could be, but both TOP and FREE show that it is missing.  I've been
able to lose up to 60 *MB* that way.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Angus [mailto:danny@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 12:53
To: James Developers List
Subject: RE: Hotspot crashes

I tried phoenix 4.0.2 j2sdk1.4.1 & rh7.2 today,
after about 1/2 hr running with the -server option James "dissappears"
leaving only three threads visible to ps, and not handling any requests.

I've had hotspot crashes with tomcat and James in the past running
j2sdk1.3.0 on rh7.1, but nothing like this, its like it partially shuts
down.

d.