james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Testing as a separate project - Re: cvs commit: jakarta-james/proposals/TLP proposal.txt
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 02:21:09 GMT
Harmeet,

I have to say that I am unsure.  Yes, I think that there should be a testing
sub-project.  But is this something that needs to be dealt with now, or
afterwards as a PMC?

> Objective would be to have Protocol tests for
> - RFC Compliance
> - Load Testing
> - Performance Tesing.

Yes in concept.  And tools for doing those things.  One thing I don't know
is whether or not the testing sub-project ought to work with the JMeter
folks to get our protocols into that code, or whatever project might replace
it.

Testing could become a pretty consuming project requiring someone to focus
on it every bit as much as a release manager has to focus on a release.

	--- Noel