james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Case sensitivity "Bug"?
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:48:43 GMT
Serge,

Sorry.  I thought that the context had been preserved.  Yes, the main part
of James has the <username> element which specifies case sensitivity
(amongst other things).  And we default to being case insensitive on the
Local-part.  However, that information is not available to Matchers/Mailets,
so we have the problem where CommandForListserv (for example) is case
sensitive.

What I am trying to get across is the idea that we expose that configuration
information as MailetContext attributes, and then make use of it.

In case anyone asks, I'm figuring this for 2.11, not 2.1.  :-)

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Serge Knystautas [mailto:sergek@lokitech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 10:03
To: James Developers List
Subject: Re: Case sensitivity "Bug"?

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Serge,
>
> Right now we are case sensitive ONLY.

Err, I would beg to differ on this.  Most of James is case-insensitive.
  We used to enforce case-sensitivity (and I as the admin of one of
these servers had fun every day redirecting emails whose case were
"incorrectly" mungled by other servers and clients), but then we relaxed
this across most of James.

I thought this thread was started by something in the CommandForListserv
matcher, not even in the generic listserv mailet itself... a rather
small, inoccuous part of James.

--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com