james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Kris Bravo" <kris.br...@corridor-software.us>
Subject RE: James and LDAP
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 14:26:59 GMT

That's pretty significant information, thanks. I'm a subscriber to the
philosophy that parting ways with the masses sometimes means you're
meeting your needs the hard way. Or perhaps the current implementation
works for most people using an LDAP store? I'll continue to look at
how the existing code may work for my situation.

> > More importantly though, this one is a need for me, so I'm going to
> > implement it. I would like to get in line with whatever direction the
> > project may already be headed, so I don't create something useless to
> > everyone else. Feedback?
>
> This is a great time for you to get involved.  Part of the v3 design
> will be a discussion of user repository interfaces.  We're about to
> start those discussions.  An LDAP perspective would be valuable.

Great. I'd be happy to contribute where it's possible.

> If your time frame is short, I'd encourage you to implement the current
> UserRepository interface and check the behavior.  We can then morph it
> along with the other repositories when we do the redesign.

I'll do that. Thanks for the response.

Kris Bravo