james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron.Kn...@vodafone.co.nz
Subject Re: Re-injecting mail
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:51:50 GMT

+1

I agree with this approach.  It has two main strengths IMHO - it keeps all
of the administration under one umbrella and the implementation is
generically applicable well beyond the scope of simply re-injecting spam.

Cheers

ADK

There is no magic.

                    Serge

                    Knystautas           To:     James Developers List <james-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                    <sergek@lokite       cc:

                    ch.com>              Subject:     Re: Re-injecting mail

                    18/11/2002

                    18:30

                    Please respond

                    to "James

                    Developers

                    List"

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Anyone have some thoughts on the easiest way to provide an admin utility
> re-inject an e-mail from, for example, the error or spam spools back into
> the main spool for reprocessing?
>
> I think that this is a long overdue utility, and I've been mulling over
> options.  One question in my mind is whether this should be an standalone
> application or a mailet similar to the list command processor.
>
>          --- Noel

What I had in mind was building a primitive mail store utility into the
telnet and RMI-based remote manager... basically let you list the
messages, move them, copy them, or delete them in a give store (and move
between the two, using the standard store URL pattern).  Then you could
delete all your spam, or re-inject, etc...

The follow-on to that was to build pseudo-stores that wrap a remote IMAP
server, because then you could bulk transfer mailboxes from one server
into James (once we have solid IMAP support).

--
Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies

Have you seen our website?.... http://www.vodafone.co.nz

CAUTION: This correspondence is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you are not the named recipient and receive this correspondence in error, you must not
copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on it and you should delete it from your system
and
notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.

Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and
do
not represent those of Vodafone New Zealand Limited.

Vodafone New Zealand Limited
21 Pitt Street, Private Bag 92161, Auckland, 1020, New Zealand
Telephone + 64 9 357 5100
Facsimile + 64 9 377 0962