james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Sozonoff" <se...@globalbeach.com>
Subject Re: javamail 1.3.0
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:24:52 GMT
Hi Noel,

> We're all tested and ready to go.  I would put this off until after the
> release, then we can drop it in, re-test, and make it part of the next
> milestone build for people who need it.

I understand and agree here. IMHO We just need to make sure that javamail
1.3.0 makes it into the next release.

> What is the nature of the bug?  Is there a workaround?  Does it effect
> normal users with the current set of mailets?

Possibly my current problem is related to this bug which was fixed in 1.3.0:
    - tolerate trailing semicolon in Content-Type header (requires JAF
1.0.2)

I am getting an error message like this when calling multipart.getCount() :
    javax.mail.MessagingException: EOF skipping headers

My solution was to build JAMES 2.1a1cvs replacing javamail 1.2.0 with
javamail 1.3.0 in the build process

I don't know if it effects normal users with the current set of mailets
since I am not familiar with all of the
current mailets. My guess would be that is does not.

Thanks,
Serge

<mailto:james-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>