james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release mirroring - let's do the release right
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:46:18 GMT

Peter M. Goldstein wrote:
[...]
> The legalese argument simply doesn't apply (there is exactly one project
> that currently follows these guidelines, and notification didn't come
> from the ASF but rather from a concerned contributor).

Bandwidth is not free. We are running on donated bandwidth. You should
be concerned too IMO, that Apache resources are not used badly and
unnecessarily.

And BTW, I have done releases too, and IMHO this task is not that
difficult. Over at Forrest it has been already done in the meantime.

> So, while I may be in danger of beating a dead horse, I veto this with a
> -1.

I stated my opinion freely.

You're equally free to decide.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -