james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Kenny Smith" <ke...@journalscape.com>
Subject RE: Request for new Mailet
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 04:59:40 GMT
Hi Noel et al,

Is there a good way to have multiple tags in a mailet config without just
adding a counter to the name? I notice that the MailetConfig interface
assumes only a single parameter per name (I assume because the Interface
doesn't know it's configured in XML and can do that, it's just a generic
interface).

I was considering doing something like:

<mailet match="All" class="org.....RemoveHeader">
	<string-1>X-MyCustomHeader</string-1>
	<class-ref-1>RFC2822Headers.RETURN_PATH</class-ref-1>
	<class-ref-2>com.journalscape.mail.CustomHeaders.ENTRY_ID</class-ref-2>
</mailet>

The basic idea is that you can specify a header in one of two (three) ways:

1) A direct String which is the header to remove, or
2) A String field reference in a class that contains the header, which is
grabbed through reflection.
[3) The class allows short hand for RFC2822Headers so you don't have to
include the whole package name]

The idea behind was that if you are adding the header with one of your
classes, you can reference it directly from that class, to preserve
encapsulation, etc.

I don't know how to address multiple parameters with the same name, so I
figured I could just arbitrarily add a counter. Then in the init() of the
mailet, I could iterate over all of the parameters and decide what to do
based on the name (whether it started with class-ref or string.

Also... PLEASE suggest better names for those parameters. I can't find
anything I like... something that is descriptive and yet concise. :)

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com