james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Release mirroring - let's do the release right
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:11:43 GMT
> Further, if Noel wants to take on the work necessary to get the
> distribution done properly and that delays his other work... so
> be it. It is Noel's time, not JAMES' time.

I took the time, AND I got the other James work done.  I got as far on the
new mirroring process as I could from the available documents.  The work is
in ~noel/mirror-test on icarus.  I sent e-mail to infrastructure and to the
gentleman from Commons who had volunteered to act as backup, but I haven't
gotten a reply regarding what more needs to be done to hook into the
download scripts (unless they are in the 2500 e-mails I just downloaded).

This past week I was off-line due to helping my mother move.  Loaded a 24'
truck and am half-way through a 1200 mile drive, with limited time for
e-mail, but should be back online on Monday.  I'm not pleased at the tone
this list has taken in just a few days.  Please calm down.  We'll get this
done.

	--- Noel