james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Sozonoff" <se...@globalbeach.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] FetchPOP configuration change
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 10:55:35 GMT
Hi Noel,

>   1. Enhance FetchPOP to use the Received header.
>   2. Add an address field to the configuration to
>      be used if the Received header does not have
>      a valid address.

Sorry to drag this on a bit, I agree with the above but I also see a benefit
in being able to override point 1. so that the address field from point 2.
is always used. In my mind this make the behavior very clear and specific.
Get mail using POP from account X and put it into account Y.

Isn't this a one to one mapping. i.e. We are fetching mail from a specific
user account using POP and injecting into another user account in JAMES.

I guess I can think of a scenario which makes sense for point 1.
If a single remote account is gathering mail for several users and we want
to FetchPOP from that account and have those emails re-distributed in James
to there respective recipients. Does anyone actually do this?

My 2 cents,
Sergei