james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Sozonoff" <se...@globalbeach.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] FetchPOP configuration change
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 18:44:35 GMT
Hi,

OK, but I am not sure that what Danny has suggested is the best way to do it
or then I am just missing something all together here.

Do we agree that using the received address option you are discussing will
never work unless

a. The JAMES server is setup to handle the exact same email address as the
server we just FetchPop'ed the email from
b. The JAMES server has a matcher to catch emails for the original recipient
and then redirect/forward or whatever.

I can see two things here.

I am not sure why anyone would do case a. unless maybe they were doing some
fancy migration or something..

Assuming that a. is not fulfilled, it is a pain and bloats the config file
if for each FetchPOP block he also has to add a Matcher i.e. FetchFrom to
catch the recipient.
Why not just specify in the config block for FetchPOP what the new recipient
is and if someone wants to do something fancier they can still use a
matcher.

Sorry if I am completely off here.

Serge