james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Upgrade to DnsJava 1.3.1 & Use highter level API to neaten code in RemoteDelivery & more ....
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 06:08:47 GMT
Serge,

Like Noel said, why don't we just upgrade dnsjava on the 2.1 branch
(actually both if it's not that hard), and then we can discuss whether for
3.0 we want to replace dnsjava with the JNDI DNS service.

I'd prefer to move to JNDI DNS long-term since unless there are things we
can do with dnsjava that we can't do with JNDI DNS, it seems like we might
as well leverage the code that's getting bundled with JDKs.

But in any case, +1 to upgrading libraries for now.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/