james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: [V2.1.1]: NNTP patch
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 17:42:42 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>
> My plan is to apply these after reviewing and testing, which should be
next
> week.

I plan to work on this. There are in my mind a number issues with the
current code. There are parts of refactoring that make things difficult as
we go forward. I will be happy elaborate post tests.

Give me some time. Let us first have working verifiable tests and then have
fixes. Making patches/fixes is very easy, but seems more short term than
doing sufficient testing. I have a set of patches too but don't want to even
want to think about it before having tests in place. This is exactly what
happenned in the past when I had patches but before I could patch, there
were untested pre-emptive checkins. Let us not repeat this please.
Tests before checkin, esp. given that the we have had to disable a working
(for end users. There were bugs to be sure but also successful users)
protocol in 2.1.

Harmeet