james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Kenny Smith <ke...@journalscape.com>
Subject Re: Python for testing
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 23:25:13 GMT
Hi Harmeet,

I looked over the ProtocolSimulator and I have some questions. What is
it primarily used for? For example, is it used for stress testing or
functional testing (or both?)

I'm personally inclined to just write junit tests that excersize the
different SMTP command sequences, but I'm interested to know what
thought processes and whatnot have already gone on that has shown that
approach to be lacking. Or perhaps that approach wasn't found to be
lacking, the current one was just the preferred at the time. :)

I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible before I jump in so
that I can use the knowledge gained from past experiences.

Thanks,
Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com