james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] mailet-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:54:04 GMT
Danny Angus wrote:
> what I'm getting at is suggesting we propose this as a JSR
>

> -1 partly because I gather sun didn't want it last time, or something, serge
> could correct me?
> and partly because I think its fine where it is.

They rejected it because it was written as a mod/extension to the
servlet API, and Sun said the request/response approach was
inappropriate and the API should take a filter approach (which is how we
have our API).

As for where to take it, yeah I think it is fine, but nobody else is
adopting it :), and I had a good experience with the JSR for taglibs.

--
Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies