james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: [V2.1.1]: NNTP patch
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 05:13:46 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>
> > The NNTP patch is valuable and good, but preempting an already taken up
> job
> > is not the right thing to do.
>
> Are you planning to patch the existing code or replace with a new version
of
> your old code?

I don't intend a rollback. I had suggested it earlier because it was the
safest thing to days before the release but given that the changes are going
in a point release, I have no such intent/desire.

I do think there are problems with both the refactoring that went in and the
process(no consensus, refactoring with misleading comments, no proposal, no
branch) but I don't want to veto the changes and rollback. Causes too much
ache to be worth it. I wish and hope a better process is followed for
refactoring in future. I will enumerate the problems that I think are there,
but may not have to stomach to do more.

Harmeet