james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Kenny Smith" <ke...@journalscape.com>
Subject What Features for 2.2?
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:56:37 GMT
Hi all,

In the interest of following the "release often" paradigm I'd like to
propose that we talk about what features to put into 2.2, work on those and
release 2.2.

I feel a little weird bringing this up since I'm so new to the community,
but I'm seeing a lot of talk about v3 and I'm afraid we're setting ourselves
up for another year of dev before a release.

So, I guess I should start off. A feature that I think is really important
is an easier way to add custom mailets to James, so that we don't have to
require the user to pack their mailets up in the james.sar. We seem to get
that question a lot and it seems to be to be the biggest obstacle that new
users/developers run into when trying to take advantage of the the thing
that sets James apart from other mail servers.

Thoughts?

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com