james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Kenny Smith" <ke...@journalscape.com>
Subject RE: What Features for 2.2?
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 20:59:27 GMT
Hi Danny,

> > In the interest of following the "release often" paradigm I'd like to
> > propose that we talk about what features to put into 2.2, work on
> > those and release 2.2.
>
> 2.1 is a branch which exists primarily for bug fixes to v2.1

Ok. Does that mean we aren't going to have a 2.2? That we'll do 2.1.1,
2.1.2, 2.1.3 and then move to 3.0?

> > I feel a little weird bringing this up since I'm so new to the
> community,
> > but I'm seeing a lot of talk about v3 and I'm afraid we're
> > setting ourselves
> > up for another year of dev before a release.
>
> 1/ it wasn't a year of dev.

Sorry, I thought I read that is someone's message. My bad.

> 2/ we will still be able to release often, but v3 will change a
> lot between minor versions, whereas v2.1 will remain pretty stable.

I think I'm confused. Are we just moving from v2.1 directly to v3?

> this is slated for v3, check out the wiki to see what else we've come up
> with so far..

I keep forgetting about wiki.. I'll do that now.

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com