james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Avalon dependance in mailets
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:40:43 GMT
Hi,

My next step is a little less clear, and requires some decision making,

I'm going to do the same thing for user repositories, so that
getMailetContext().getUserRepository(String name)
returns a UserRepository, however I don't like the incosistency between URL
specifications for MailRepositories and names for UserRepositories.

We need, IMO, to select one style and use it consistently, I favour URL's,
which allow repositories to be created dynamically by mailets without extra
config changes, but what are the other opinions? Technnically its not a big
issue but in order to ensure portability of mailets, the primary objective
of the excercise, we need to document what the string can contain.

I'm going to implement getMailetContext().getUserRepository(String name) on
the basis that it doesn't break existing configurations, and changing it to
getMailetContext().getUserRepository(String URL) later is not really a
change to the method signature, but an implementation detail.