james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] FetchPOP configuration change
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 20:30:33 GMT
> Do we agree that using the received address option you are discussing will
> never work unless

> a. The JAMES server is setup to handle the exact same email address as the
> server we just FetchPop'ed the email from

> b. The JAMES server has a matcher to catch emails for the original
recipient
> and then redirect/forward or whatever.

That seems right, but the problem you have illustrated is easy to address.
For example, it is easy to handle as an entry in JDBCVirtualUserTable, along
with other aliases, without bloating the configuration.  All things
considered, I'd rather have aliasing controlled in one place in my
configuration, rather than several.

Is there any concern regarding whether or not the the Received header might
not have the proper information?

	--- Noel