james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [V2.1.1]: NNTP patch
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 18:48:06 GMT
> There are in my mind a number issues with the current code.
> There are parts of refactoring that make things difficult
> as we go forward. I will be happy elaborate post tests.

Why don't you elaborate now?  What specific technical issues do you have
with the current code?

> This is exactly what happenned in the past when I had patches but
> before I could patch, there were untested pre-emptive checkins.

Again?  We keep going over this.  There were no check-ins to NNTP for many
months despite a raft of defects in the code.

As for the patches I have, I have submitted them for review, I do plan to
test them, and if they work, I see no reason why we should not use them.
But I am also willing to see what you have in mind.

	--- Noel