james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] mailet-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:12:27 GMT
> I'm -1 but for different reasons.  If we're doing this under Apache, I
don't
> see the need to separate the James developers from the mailet
specification
> discussion (do we really have that much traffic?)

However, why would non-James mail server developers want to participate on
the James Mailing list for purposes of discussing the Mailet API?

> what I'm getting at is suggesting we propose this as a JSR

OK, so you want to move the Mailet specification discussion away from Apache
entirely?

> I'd like to see us get the main authors from the half-dozen other Java
mail servers
> out there, along with maybe people from procmail and sieve and whoever
else.

That is my goal as well.  IMO, the first and quickest way to start would be
a mailet-dev@ mailing list, which could eventually move to a JSR.

	--- Noel