james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] FetchPOP --> Fetch
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:06:22 GMT
Serge,

Are you prepared to provide instructions to people on how to do a James
build that has Fetch in proposals/?

How stable is the revised version?  Have you tried using any of the third
party service providers, e.g., the ones for Yahoo and Hotmail?

As for the name, I was kind of leaning towards something a bit more
descriptive, e.g., FetchMail, but more generic than FetchPOP.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Serge Sozonoff [mailto:serge@globalbeach.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 15:51
To: James Developers List
Subject: [Proposal] FetchPOP --> Fetch

Hi guys,

After an email exchange with Leo, we would like to work on a new version of
FetchPOP in the proposals area and then move it into a futur release of
James when it is ready.

One of the main goals is to make full use of JavaMail so that we can take
advatage of the various Javamail service providers.

We would also like to rename FetchPOP to something else, maye just call it
Fetch.

Thanks,
Sergei