james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Knauf <akn...@xtra.co.nz>
Subject Re: JNDI Mailet Configuration
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:31:34 GMT
>   What I am very interested in is the contract between a mailet and
> its container (which is more than the Mailet API itself).  My
> impression is that part of the puzzle is largely missing.

I agree that this needs addressing.  The JNDI config proposal would go
some way toward addressing this, in that it would specify that any
resources provided by the Container would be provided via JNDI, and that
their names would be specified by the mailet (as are the names of
configuration parameters in any system).  The minimum resources required
of any container would have to be identified.

Cheers

ADK