james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Knauf <akn...@xtra.co.nz>
Subject JNDI for James
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 06:25:29 GMT
Hi,

I believe that enough of a consensus has been reached that we can safely
say that JNDI support will be including in an upcoming James release.
 The details of exactly what it will be used for (and how) are still to
be finalised.

I am beginning work on providing a useable JNDI facility, based on
org.apache.naming.  This will be an Avalon Component.  For the moment, I
am simply experimenting to familiarise myself with the apache nameing
code and also with Avalon, so I will develop against the CVS version of
apache naming.  Moving forward, we will need to agree on the correct way
to establish this dependency.

Two things seem obvious to me here:

   1. We don't want to depend on the whole tomcat project just to get
      the Naming stuff.
   2. We don't want to get stuck in an obsolescent rut, as we are with
      our stone age Avalon release.

Any ideas on the best way to do this?

Cheers

ADK