james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Knauf <akn...@xtra.co.nz>
Subject Re: Obtaining a reference to a mailet
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:44:09 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>If I were you, I would only use the matcher to determine
>>whether or not the message is intended for the list serv.

<snip...>

>  That way the mailet can respond with
>an error message if the command is not understood.

To clarify for Mark - the mailet would not be required to provide the
error message for invalid commands.  I would still be possible for the
mailet to completely ignore the message with the invalid command (i.e.
do not modify the message state in any way) and have it actioned by the
next mailet in the chain - as if it had not been matched at all.

Cheers

ADK