james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: JNDI Mailet Configuration
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 13:27:04 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Knauf" <aknauf@xtra.co.nz>
> 2)    Provide a configuration mechanism for initialising the JNDI tree
> with resources at system startup.  I am thinking that a generic XML
> configuration file for setting resources into JNDI could be used.  (This
> ought to be applicable beyond James.)  Haven't thought this through too
> far, but at a minimum we should be able to create Contexts, set
> primitive values for these attributes, provide pluggability for setting
> non-primitive values (such as DataSources, ThreadPools, or custom
> objects like complex user configurations.).

I think using XML/JNDI for mailet configuration may be heavy weight. A
simple DTD as suggested earlier (by Danny? Aaron ? not sure) may be good
enough.

However if JNDI/XML is the direction to take, DSML (or subset) may be good
candidate for Schema. It provides XML mapping to directory information and
there are DSML providers for JNDI.. Spec is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/dsml/

Harmeet