james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: JNDI for James
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 07:09:46 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Knauf" <aknauf@xtra.co.nz>
> ... we will need to agree on the correct way
> to establish this dependency.
>
> Two things seem obvious to me here:
>
>    1. We don't want to depend on the whole tomcat project just to get
>       the Naming stuff.

It may be a good idea to get on naming/tomcat mailing list push them to do
stable releases. If they realize other projects depends on it, they should
be happy do a snapshot build for the naming libraries. Working against CVS
seems like a moving target.

>    2. We don't want to get stuck in an obsolescent rut, as we are with
>       our stone age Avalon release.

Avalon release have been mostly driven by Avalon developers and James folks
have just gone along. I really don't think there has been a strong need to
upgrade. If there pain there(although to me it seems moderate to low) maybe
James should just be more James oriented on when and how we upgrade naming
libraries.

Harmeet