james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Message-ID bug
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:01:29 GMT
> The following seems to provide user control over Message-ID generation:
>
> http://www.magelang.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=516514

Yes it does Noel, but it won't work if writeTo() calls saveChanges() AND we need to create
message id's where noe exist, OR we want ot create new message ID's for cloned messages.

making people working with MimeMessage have to call saveChanges() is part of the Java Mail
API, if there were no issues I'd have no problem with us taking that responsibility over (In
MimeMessageWrapper which extends MimeMessage), but there are at least this one significant
issue, and I think we have to back this code out in order to support MimeMessage correctly.
Or document a different approach to message id generation.

d.