james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: JavaMail as the message store
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 10:50:15 GMT
Sergei

> 2. We could retain/enhance the MailRepository interface and write an
> implementation which wraps around
> JavaMail stores? This would give us access to "special stores"
> and JavaMail
> stores but JM stores would not persist the message meta-data and we would
> not be adopting a new standard interface.

+1

> How important is the requirement to persist the message meta-data to disk
> once processing is over?

It depends on your use case.

If I wanted to be able to re-spool certain messages, perhaps from the error repository, then
having the envelope information could be crucial.

I don't think its crusial for many other scenario, but in principle I think its a bad idea
to throw away important data just because you *think* you have no firther need for it.