james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Download jars instead of keeping in CVS?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:13:17 GMT
I agree.
James, as an end-user product, is not necessarily going to be downloaded by people who have
any idea about jars. They will expect James to run out-of-the box.

Therefore we have to bundle all dependance jars with James, therfore why not maintain a repository
with the correct versions, and if that repository is cvs it too can benefit from the same
version control.

I know binaries in CVS is officially frowned upon, but I dont care, for us it makes sense
(of a sort).

An alternative is to produce lite versions of distributions which save on downloads by not
including common jars.

d.