james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: User-Log
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:23:45 GMT
> I'm not overly fond of the idea because of the inter-connections, but I'm
> willing to listen and see if it grows on me.

It was an off-the-cuff remark based on my perception of how services are layer in tomcat.

I'm no tomcat expert, but it does appear that a significant amount of wrapping is used to
provide interception of methods and support event listening.

In our context if we wrap every mailet we can associate listeners with mailet events, if our
wrapper wraps the mailet context we can listen for context events, if our context wraps the
repositories we can listen for repository events. All specific to our mailet.

Now perhaps this isn't the answer to this problem, and perhaps we would be better raising
context and repository events per context or repository rather than per mailet, but its still
an idea to kick around..

d.