james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Improving RemoteDelivery performance
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:38:03 GMT
I think that the benefit of a pre-scan was that it would allow you to bulk messages by destination
smtp.host, not by destination recipient mail address domain. Thus making bigger bulk savings
where multiple domains are served by an smtp host, virtual hosting f'rinstance.

I think, though, that it'd probably be 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other, I can't see it
providing much advantage unless it was reducing the number of made and broken connections
per mail sent by a significant ammount.

d.